- Indication of Niti-S Colonic stent includes patients primarily with left-sided colonic malignancies and preoperative bridge to surgery for obstructive colorectal cancer
- Biocompatible silicone membrane to prevent tumour ingrowth
About blytheThis author has not yet filled in any details.
So far blythe has created 50 blog entries.
- Completely covered with biocompatible silicone to prevent tumour in growth
- Simple and safe removal with retrieval string for malignant and benign indications
- Full silicone covering prevents tissue ingrowth and enables safe and effective retrieval
- Indicated for benign and malignant disease
- Lower profile delivery system
- 50% reconstrainability
- Two delivery methods
- Flared dog-bone ends resist migration
Short proximal end facilitates positioning to stricture close the upper esophageal sphincter without damage of vocal cords. (more…)
- The Niti-S double stent provides symptomatic relief of malignant dysphagia and effectively reduces recurrent dysphagia
- Outer uncovered wire construction to allow the mesh to embed itself in the esophageal wall to prevent stent migration
- Inner silicone membrane to prevent tumour in-growth
- Proximal delivery release system allows for precision stent placement
- Optimal choice for prevention of reflux symptoms
- Optimal resistance against migration at GE-junction
- PTFE skirt at bottom of stent responds to changes in pressure preventing reflux, allowing antegrade flow without blockage whilst resistant to biochemical erosion
- Restriction bars hold PTFE skirt straight
- Double-Covered variation available to prevent migration of stent
- Single wire construction with shape memory Nitinol
- Atraumatic ends
- Super radial force
- Excellent flexibility
- Wide range of diameters
- Safe collapse and retrieval with retrieval string for benign and malignant indications
- Biocompatible silicone membrane prevents tumour ingrowth
- Optimal balance of both radial force and flexibility – No Compromise
- Stent maintains full luminal patency in tortuous anatomy for optimal drainage
- 20% less foreshortening for accurate placement
- Atraumatic smoothed ends for prevention of bilary and duodenal lesions
- Gentle expansion to 30Fr lumen increases dynamic flow and support throughout anatomy
DuraLock-C Pre filled Syringes, packed in fully sterile sets. In addition to the already proven benefits of trisodium citrate catheter lock solution, pre filled syringes increase overall procedural efficiency and remove the risk from needle sticks and glass particle injections. Furthermore, while other prefilled cellophane wrapped syringes offer a sterile pathway only, we take ours a step further and fully sterilize the outside of the syringe as well as the fluid path.
Studies have demonstrated that Trisodium Citrate (TSC) is highly effective as a catheter locking solution. In addition to being an anticoagulant, TSC has demonstrated antibacterial activity across a broad spectrum of microbes. Another study, commenting on TSC’s anticoagulant character, found a dramatically reduced incidence of thrombolytic intervention in tunnelized hemodialysis catheters.
* Most importantly and most recently, Weijmer, et al , in a multi-centered, prospective, randomized comparison with heparin and TSC, demonstrated clear superiority of TSC over heparin.
DuraLock-C™ is a concentrated trisodium citrate solution, which has been shown to greatly reduce the incidence of catheter related infections.
DuraLock-C™ prevents catheter related clotting1,3, maintaining efficient blood flow rates. Clinical practice shows a reduction of at least 70% of the use of thrombolitic agents like Urokinase/TPA.
DuraLock-C™ prevents the formation of catheter lumen biofilm. Biofilm contributes to catheter related bacteremia.
Features & Benefits
Fully Sterile Tyvek® Pouches Reduces the risk of nosocomial infection, in comparison to glass vials and fluid path only syringe packaging.
- Improved Catheter Patency
(30% and 46.7% Concentration)
Fewer catheter withdrawals due to complications.
- Reduced Infections
Lower rate of catheter-related bacteremia.
Pre-filled syringes eliminate the need for cumbersome needle withdrawal.
Economical (4% Concentration)
Reduces the cost of interdialytic anticoagulation by as much as 85%.
Pouched syringes save nursing time treating patients coming off dialysis.
Available in the following concentrations: 4% 30% & 46.7%
DURALOCK-C OVER HEPARIN
Central venous catheters are usually locked with heparin after treatment. Clinical practice and leading publications show that heparin promotes the growth of biofilm in the catheter and promotes the growth of bacteria. Heparin also generates bleeding risks after catheter insertion and after catheter locking.